The History of Valos
Valos House of Candy was established By Theodore “Ted” Vasilopus in 1947. The name Valos was a play on Ted’s last name—Vasilopus. He began his candy making journey in Chicago in the 1930’s working for his uncle's chocolate company for many years. Shortly after returning home after World War II, Ted set out to open his own company. His uncle assisted him by providing some essential "candy making equipment” and Valos was born.
Ted and his wife Rose operated Valos House of Candy until Rose’s death in 1984. Valos House of Candy was closed until 1986 when John Mandak purchased the business. Ted’s knowledge and expertise were part of the deal.
Ted and John worked side by side for three years and all the “Art Forms” and secrets of the candy company were passed on. With the relocation of the retail store to the current location at 2009 Freeport Road, Arnold, Pennsylvania; Valos House of Candy officially became Valos Chocolates.